Man Dies After Vape Pen Explodes 'Moments After Buying It'

Erika Holt
February 7, 2019

Mrs Brown, who raised Mr Brown, told the Star Telegram her grandson was just weeks away from his 25th birthday. Covered in blood, her grandson searched for help and was eventually taken to a hospital, where he died two days later.

Brown was rushed to the hospital and his grandmother said he was talking when he arrived.

The vape store - Smoke and Vape DZ - refused to comment to WFAA about the incident. The New York Legal Examiner reported that the true number is likely to be higher because not all injured people would go to hospital.

Disaster struck after after Brown returned to the vehicle and "popped" the device open, according to Alice Brown, his grandmother. A Kansas man sued a Wichita vaper shop previous year after he said the spare battery for his e-cigarette exploded in the front pocket of his trousers. "He was running around doing his thing at 24 and now he's gone". He suffered from asthma and was told that a specialized vape pen might help improve his breathing, she told the newspaper. His family told the local TV station that doctors at JPS Patient Care Pavilion knew he had a piece of e-cigarette lodged in his throat but never operated on him.

Malfunctioning e-cigarette batteries have caused hundreds to thousands of similar injuries, U.S. reports say.

He should have made it if they had done the surgery, ' she said. The FDA said the incidents resulted in 133 acute injuries, 29% of them severe.

Pregnant woman stabbed to death in NYC apartment lobby
She was also reportedly the mother of an older child, who is now being cared for by relatives. "Really, really nice girl". When he asked Irigoyen who attacked her, Zereoue told the Post she couldn't speak. "She was a sweetheart, sweetheart".

Matthews agrees to five-year, $58.17 million contract with Maple Leafs
Through the first two-and-a-half seasons of his career, Matthews has 178 points, with 97 of those points coming on goals. Matthews has been solid, but hasn't complicated matters with his performance this season like teammate Mitch Marner .

Wasting no time Miami Dolphins to announce Brian Flores today
Greg Schiano, the former Buccaneers and Rutgers head coach, is considered among the candidates to replace Flores. Flores is inheriting a 7-9 team that went 23-25 under Gase, who rebounded quickly by getting the Jets job.

Texas man William Brown dies after vape pen explodes, severing his left carotid artery.

The moment an e-cigarette exploded into flames in a man's pocket was caught on camera in California past year.

Another report from the University of North Texas Health Science Center looked at USA emergency room data from 2015 to 2017 and found 2,035 e-cigarette related explosion and burn injuries - far more than previous reports.

In May, a Florida man died from a "projectile wound to the head" after an electronic cigarette exploded, according to The New York Times.

The Food and Drug Administration has warned vaping device users that there is evidence that "battery-related issues may lead to vape explosions".

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER