UFC Star McGregor Facing Assault Charges After Backstage Melee

Florence Fletcher
April 11, 2018

Conor McGregor's bail was reportedly paid for by his training partner Dillon Danis, allowing McGregor to travel back home.

Over the weekend, White was asked once again for his thoughts on McGregor's arrest. One possible reason given for McGregor's attack is that he was still livid over the UFC's decision to strip him of his lightweight title due to inactivity on Wednesday; he had not fought since 2016.

Khabib "The Eagle" Nurmagomedov's confrontation with McGregor teammate Artem Lobov earlier in the week appeared to be the impetus for McGregor's outburst.

Lightweight contender Michael Chiesa was forced to withdraw from UFC 223 while Ray Borg also suffered an eye injury from the attack.

McGregor faces costs of felony felony mischief costs and misdemeanor assault, menacing and reckless endangerment after video footage appeared to point out him throwing a hand truck at a bus filled with fighters on Thursday after a information convention for UFC 223 at Brooklyn's Barclays Heart. He posted $50,000 bail and was released from custody following a court appearance Friday.

UFC president Dana White said credentialed journalists from McGregor's website, The Mac Life, let McGregor and a large entourage into Barclays Center.

Barzagli Out of Juventus Squad for Madrid Clash
Atletico, meanwhile, will now turn their attention to the Europa League and Thursday's quarter-final second leg against Sporting Lisbon.

Trump says 'forceful' response on Syria imminent; Russian Federation warns of grave repercussions
It said the victims have been transferred to Tehran, and that funerals will be held in the victims' hometowns across the country. Security Council president says experts are working on a resolution on the continuing use of chemical weapons in Syria.

British Gas Owner Centrica To Raise Energy Tariffs
And as we saw a year ago , now that British Gas has raised prices, there are concerns other energy firms are likely to follow suit.

The paper quoted an anonymous businessman from Rhode Island who said McGregor was "causing trouble" at the Loews Regency Hotel on Park Avenue. As a result, both fighters had to cancel their scheduled bouts at the event.

Prior to Thursday, White had said McGregor would "100 percent" return to UFC in 2018. To his mind, it could be a year before "The Notorious" gets his life back together, and that is before one considers the prospect of potential jail time.

UFC superstar Conor McGregor is in custody in NY following a van-smashing rampage at a press event. "Come. Let me know without camera, without like all this media".

If the image is legitimate, then the "Access Denied" poster had barred several members of Conor McGregor's team. To focus on this show was insane.

"So much rumor and misinformation about my client, Conor McGregor". You want to fight?

McGregor has not fought in the UFC for more than a year but lost to former professional boxer Floyd Mayweather in a money-spinning bout last August.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER